PDS4 products consist of a one or more data objects (arrays and tables, in ASCII or binary) and a label describing these data.
The tools and suggested on this page come with no warranty, but are suggestions from data providers and creators on various missions. If you have further suggestions for this list, please let us know!
Python has a good set of tools for creating PDS4 products. A few libraries which are commonly in use, include:
- lxml - a more powerful library than python's own xml module for manipulating labels
- lxml can read templates,. modify parts of the label, and perform schema validation
- bitstring - a library which can unpack binary data (e.g. telemetry packets) very easily
- pandas - a data handling library, which can be used to collate data from various sources and filter/process before outputting to a data product
- astropy.io.fits - writes FITS files, which under certain constraints can be labelled as a PDS4 product
- spacepy / pycdf - reads/writes CDF files, which under certain constraints can be labelled as a PDS4 product
There are also several projects that have implemented PDS4 writers:
- easypsd4writer (proof of concept)