LTP07 has been confirmed to run from 2022-04-11T00:00:00Z until 2022-06-27T00:00:00.000Z.
Orbital context (with RSW placement decided at SWT #29)
Plots are in GSE (geocentric solar ecliptic) coordinates, so Earth is at [0,0], the Sun is at [1,0]. The plot is the projection of the orbit on the ecliptic plane.
New definition for the grey shading representing downlink rates:
- white = maximum downlink rate at which you can empty the SSMM in ~10 days
- light-grey = SSMM fill state decreases with everyone operating at EID-A rates
- mid-grey = SSMM fill state increases within RSW (10 instruments operating) and decreases outside RSW (IS-only breakeven rate < downlink rate < inside-RSW breakeven rate )
- dark-grey = SSMM fill state increases with just IS operating (downlink rate < IS-only breakeven rate)
RS window placement
No RS windows in this period.
GAMs and conjunctions
Science and calibration planning
- 14-15 May 2022: MAG calibration rolls (13 revolutions around the SC/Sun axis)
- 23 April 2022: SPICE Out-Of-Field calibration (CALIB_OFFPOI_OOF) involving off-pointing to East limb. This manoeuvre is Metis compatible as the S/C is at ~0.6 AU from the Sun.
- 7-18 June 2022: Metis star calibrations featuring various calibration starts in Scorpio (beta, delta, omega), incl:
- 12-13 June 2022: Metis + SPICE + EUI star calibration featuring Omega Sco, HD 144470. This campaign involves off-pointing to East and West limb for SPICE and EUI/HRI.
Coordinated science (and cross-calibration) campaigns:
- 1-3 June 2022: Metis will roll to 48.6degree and offpoint to the West limb to minimise the distance between its FOV and PSP close to quadrature. Following figures illustrate the pointing situation for Metis and SPICE.
SOOP Kitchen plan
Starting point for LTP07 planning work by Instrument teams, SOC's first proposal: https://solarorbiter.esac.esa.int/soopkitchen/#/planning/plan/LTP07_Apr2022-Jun2022/108
Final plan LTP07: https://solarorbiter.esac.esa.int/soopkitchen/#/planning/plan/LTP07_Apr2022-Jun2022 (baseline 5 got released on as LTP07_V01)