|Time||Duration||Topic||Who||Slides & Material||Notes|
|DAY-1: 19 May 2021, 14:00 - 18:00|
Workshop Introduction & Agenda
Tanya Lim Around 10 minutes for the cql demo
To be included before / after a break:
- PSA demos
- → this is also a way to get examples from previous missions
- → think about metadata needed in the PDS products as you design then
- for end-users to search, can be exposed to PSA users via CQL
- Generic / Basic Filter menu – Sebastien Besse (15/25minutes, give me what you can)
- Advanced - CQL search: e.g. CaSSIS (more specific searches on filters, specific instrument characteristics...) – Tanya Lim (10 minutes)
- Other ways to get the data: Mark Bentley
- PSA archive reviews – Sebastien Besse (15minutes)
|PSA, PDS and IPDA||20 mins in Paris?|
|PDS4 Introduction||30 mins||merge the PDS pyramid + PDS4 intro from Paris into one presentation, reduce content ?|
|PDS Information Model||15 mins|
Demo through the PDS Website
Paris slides: pds4_labels.pdf
45 mins in Paris, can compress to 25?
|Demo on design tools|
- Oxygen (as an example of an XML editor for design)
- Santa Martinez: Can we send instructions in advance?
- Mark Bentleysure - assuming they will download a demo version?
- otherwise we can show how to work with open source tools
- e.g. VS Code for editing and Schema validation/design and the packager running in an integrated terminal?
- Perhaps mention design philosophies?
- e.g. try to make templates complete examples (to test validation)
- and point out that most XML libraries allow parsing/editing of labels
- no need to do hacky things like search and replace?
Paris talk: pds4_discipline_dictionaries.pdf
Covered general idea + imaging, display and geometry
1 hr in Paris
20 minutes? (more if we want to cover more dictionaries - showing the concept, examples, and the list should be enough)
- What these are, Overview of each one, Things to look out for in each dictionary
- mention GEOGEN in connection with geometry dictionary?
|Mission/Host/Instrument Dictionaries||40 mins in Paris |
What these are, How they are made (official and unofficial routes), Examples
|Demo on design-validation tools||~20 minutes?|
|~20 minutes||Generation and Handling of SPICE archives in PDS4|
- Generation of SPICE PDS4 bundles
- what kernels go into the bundle (subset of the SKD)
- ARCGEN (archive generation pipeline)
Other General Information on PDS4
- Context Products (check with Mark / Tanya)
- Use of external standards with PDS4: CDF, FITS
- Data Citation, DOIs (check with Sebastien)
- Data Licenses (current status, more to come)
- Lyle Huber to present PDS approach on Context & Documentation Products ?
|The Use of PDS4 in JUICE|
|Tools for working with PDS4||20 minutes|
- Tools for creating PDS4 products (producers)
- Tools for using PDS4 data (producers for validation + consumers)
- Python library
- transform tool will be mentioned as part of the PDS4 Tools for using data
- PDS4 Reader
- Jupyter notebook
- Santa Martinez :
- Can we send some info in advance, and mention the demo will be with the Python libration, so that people can install it in advance?
- Is there anything we can do on the ESA DataLabs environment to show case the potential?
- Mark BentleyDataLabs probably doesn't gain much in this context (no mounted volumes etc.), so any Jupyter environment will do (apart from having packages pre-installed)?
- but we can list some packages to install - probably easiest is if I set up a GitHub repo for the demo?
|Experience from BepiColombo PI teams: pipeline SW, libraries, data deliveries|
- Santa to check with BepiColombo PI teams if they can give a presentation / demo on pipeline SW, libraries
- MERTIS (Mario) ?
- SIXS (Eero) ?
|Discussion & Wrap-Up|
|DAY-2: 20 May 2021, 14:00 - 18:00|
|DAY-3: 21 May 2021, 14:00 - 18:00 (Splinter Meetings / Dedicated Sessions)|
- Santa to check with Baptiste